Burgess Family of three...for now

A look into what we ordinarily do...sometimes not that ordinary.

Monday, January 31, 2011

to iPhone or not...that is the question.

We are loyal Verizon customers.
Have been for years, and years.
We've even added my MIL, SIL, and GIL onto our plan.

Last year Clint's phone broke.
I used my upcoming upgrade to get him a new smartphone.
He offered to give me his upgrade when he got one.

Clint shopped our plan.
He found that we could do better with a different carrier.
He decided we would leave Verizon at our next renewal instead of upgrading.

A couple of months ago my phone broke.
I needed a new phone so I used my insurance replacement.
I got a brand new NEW phone.

Then Verizon announced they were getting the iPhone.
Clint decided against switching carriers.
He wants to use his upgrade to get the iPhone next month.

What's the right thing to do?
Voice your opinion on the poll on the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Brian and I JUST went through this SAME exact problem with having to trade each other renewals and the temptation of the iphone! I have no suggestions for you because Brian got a cool phone (like two months ago), and last week I got a lame "free" phone. I wanted to get the iphone but my renewal discount was ridiculous. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete